Other Designated Professional Authorities
The Ombudsman’s jurisdiction includes other designated professional authorities as identified and defined in the Ombudsman Act. These organizations are the Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta, Alberta Institute of Agrologists, College of Alberta Professional Foresters, College of Alberta Professional Forest Technologists and Alberta Veterinary Medical Association. All are governed according to bodies of legislation that establish the authority, function and accountability of the organization.
- The Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta is governed by the Chartered Professional Accountants Act;
- The Alberta Institute of Agrologists is governed by the Agrology Profession Act;
- The College of Alberta Professional Foresters and College of Alberta Professional Forest Technologists are governed by the Regulated Forestry Profession Act; and
- The Alberta Veterinary Medical Association is governed by the Veterinary Profession Act.
All Acts include a “Complaints to Ombudsman” section, defining the relationship with the Ombudsman such as this example from the Regulated Forestry Profession Act:
- “96 (1) Any person may make a complaint with respect to anything under this Act in accordance with the Ombudsman Act.”
- “ A college, the council or a panel, a committee, a tribunal, the registrar, the president, the complaints director and the hearings director of a college and any officer, investigator or person engaged by a college may, on the recommendation of the Ombudsman.
- rehear any matter and reconsider any decision or recommendation made by that person or body, and
- quash, confirm or vary the decision or recommendation or any part of it.
- If a matter is reheard or reconsidered pursuant to subsection (2), the provisions of this Act governing the original hearing or consideration apply to the rehearing or reconsideration.”
Regulatory college decision-makers looking for resources to better apply standards of administrative fairness within your organization may find our Fundamentals of a Complaints Mechanism and our Internal Complaint Mechanism Checklist to be of use. For information regarding case summaries, findings and recommendations involving regulatory colleges, our Annual Reports can be found here.